Hennessy XO Extra Old Cognac Pint 750 ML In 1870, Maurice Hennessy created Hennessy X.O for his circle of friends and introduced a new style of cognac. Hennessy X.O is the Original, the emblematic icon of the Hennessy Maison. Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of this Hennessy X.O cognac are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and identified several emotions that were assimilated to an Odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavors of candied fruit.
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy cognac note, tantalising the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavor intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavor of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
Wine Enthusiast 93 points - The deep fig and raisin aromas hint that the palate will be equally deep and dark. Bold toffee, cocoa, fig and gingerbread round into a spiced, brisk finish. Consider as a dessert pairing..Kara Newman, December/2015
Ultimate Beverage Challenge 96 points - Figgy pudding and date syrup are sweet but not cloying on the nose. The flavors are soft and subtle, layered with baking spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Baked apples and a mild nuttiness characterize the finish..March/2017
Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870 for his circle of friends, X.O was born at a turning point in history and introduced a new style of cognac: bold, rich and complex. The 100 eaux-de-vie assembled to create X.O were aged for a long time - some for 30 years - to give an unparalleled robustness.